Mail

Send letters or packages to:

Ryan James LaFaye Tel 595 21-601-392
Paraguay Asuncion Mission Mission office phone
2881 Del Maestro c/Caballero
Barrio Herrera
Asuncion
Paraguay

Monday, January 23, 2012

My testimony has been strengthened

Bilaporte familia cuerĂ³,

First off Reece that is the SWEETEST running back photo I've ever seen. I am so excited for you my man, I cant wait to see you play your senior year, stoked!!!! Robby tell Ms Finch hola for me, she's awesome. I'm not sure if we won too many games, but we always had fun. Good job with the eagle project Randy! Having to make up your mind of which scholarship to take is a good problem, keep up the good work and fill out those aplications already!! Oh, if you get a facebook request from Joanna Valdez (not sure how to spell her name), she is awesome. She's one of the strongest youth we have in our ward, I told her you know a little bit of spanish so hopefully you can communicate with her. If not just plug it in to google translate haha. Good job Caitlyn! i bought you something one of my members made a few days ago, hope you like in 2 years! Oh tell Nate Tenney not to mess up in his new stake calling... and congratulations. when he becomes a general authority I expect front row seats w/ a back stage pass at general conference. And tell Rustin that I love him and not to get sick anymore. Ron, we parked the arc around back.

Things are going well here in Guarambare. Its been a difficult week but the future´s looking great. The Reyes family is getting baptized on saturday as well as a little girl Monce who we finally recieved permission from her mom. After running in to a lot of problems on our part. I'm really glad she will get baptized after all. Nery Reyes and three of his kids will be baptized, his oldest son and his wife need to come to church one more time, so we`re going to try to let Nery baptize them, that would be fantastic. We have had some of the most incredible experiences with this man. I can't write them all but just recently he was in his hammack reading the book of mormon, when he finished the whole thing he knelt down to pray as he had read from Moroni ch 10. That night he had a dream that Jose Smith came and visited him at his house. He didn't recognize him at first but after a while he ripped out the picture of Jose Smith in the Book of Mormon and showed it to him saying "Is this you? are you Jose Smith?"

"Yes I am, I saw Jesus and the father when i was 14" Jose Smith was speaking in english but there was a translater there with him.

"Where are the gold plates? We need them to show everyone proof that this is the truth." - Nery

"You found it, everything is right here in your hands, (the book of mormon). You found the truth" - Jose

Nery has such a strong testimony of Joseph Smith and the book of mormon. Teaching him has strengthend my testimony so much. its amazing what this gospel can do for someone who honestly is seeking for the truth.

I just finished studying lesson 4 the commamdments and am almost finished with 2nd nephi. Spanish is getting better and better each day. I'm confortable giving talks in church and teaching investigators and members, the understanding is getting better the more I can feel the spirit. healthwise im great and ready to keep working.

thanks for everything.

con amor,

Elder LaFaye

No comments:

Post a Comment