Mail

Send letters or packages to:

Ryan James LaFaye Tel 595 21-601-392
Paraguay Asuncion Mission Mission office phone
2881 Del Maestro c/Caballero
Barrio Herrera
Asuncion
Paraguay

Monday, February 13, 2012

Keeping the Word of Wisdom

Hola que tal,

I´ll try to fit in all the stories I can real quick.

Nery and his son Ian were confirmed! So now the Reyes family are officially members of the Church, im so excited for them.

We had a surprise investigator at church yesterday who we have been working with since before i arrived here, Ever Gonzalez,. He brought his uncle too, even though he was a little drunk it was great to finally see him at church. He has stopped doing drugs but is very addicted to wine. Once he is able to drop it he will be ready for baptism. He wants to be baptized because he can see the change its made in his friends life, David, who dropped every type of drug you can think of.

Another investigator we are working with, Miguel Nunez, has progressed a lot with the word of wisdom, he takes a few smokes at night and is drinking alcohol by the spoon full. He is starting to buy leche, gum, and suckers to help him. He loves the book of mormon but he thinks he needs to have a lot more knowledge and know more doctrine before he commits to a date. He has a very bad knee so he always uses a cane even though hes only like 50 years old. (picture dad using a cane). But recently he is starting to use it less and says he only carries around with him to beat people on the head with it.

Bruno has been inactive for 14 months now, but after a bad day at work he came home and threw his stuff around his room. Out of his backpack fell a little scripture mastery card with dc 59:9-10. after reading it he deciding to come to church the next day. He was an outstanding missionary about 5 years ago, and he could be a fantastic bishop and do a lot of good here in guarambare now that he is active. BRUNO IS BACK!

We found a great family last week on the street. We were walking by and saw a bunch a drunk guys around these two who were playing the guitar and the harp. Silvio Mora plays the harp like a pro, its pretty awesome. When we stopped by to listen he stopped playing and said to us with a very thick accent "how do you like my country". He used to work in France for 16 years so he picked up a few frases in English. I love working with families so im really excited to teach them.

Just finished studying ch 10 in PMG and am starting on ch 1. My teaching is improving everyday as I apply these points in our lessons. Studying ch1 always gives me more animo para trabajar each time I read it. In the book of Mormon i just read Enos and Jarom. Enos is one of my favorite stories about prayer, forgiveness and the love for others, igual no mas if they want to kill you.

Cant believe my training is almost over, still feels like i just arrived in Guarambare. Elder Schone is doing an outstanding job as always. I've been a little sick this week but nothing to interfere with the work. I had a member make me some awesome scripture cases made of leather. They are pretty ballin. I love the first set so much i had to get a second, so caitlyn if you have scriptures that would fit in the spanish size I've got some legit covers for you. If you are going to send another package heres some ideas that would be greatly appreciated: my addidas sandals, steak seasoning and garlic salt seasoning, maple for my syrup, another set of the frixon erasable pens (red,blue,black), more photos of our family (im going to have the leather guy make me something with them), crunchy peanutbutter is always loved, oh and muy importante, if you didnt find my patriarchal blessing in the envelope in my room can you call and get me a copy and send it to me? Gracias

So I was thinking, and I want to start giving you one thing to do each week to help with family home evening. I know its hard when you are all super busy but ive started implementing FHE with a few families here and it really makes a difference. So this week in FHE I would like you to focus it on prayer. Prayer is a very simple principle that sometimes gets overlooked, but if you really think how great of a blessing it is for us to talk directly with our father in heaven, it gives it a little more meaning. Everything we have in the church and all the blessing we have recieved from the gospel today, are all because one 14 year old boy decided to kneel down and pray. I have prayed more in these last 5 months than i have in these last 5 years it seems like. I pray for you all everyday and I want to thank you for keeping me in your prayers.

les amo,

Elder LaFaye

No comments:

Post a Comment